Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ham and Stewed pulled-beef Quesadillas

 I made quesadillas! I can't remember the last time I made these...but I used to whip up quesadillas so often for a quick lunch when I was in CA. Perhaps it's because I can't find flour tortillas until lately it starts "popping out" in the neighborhood grocers. It's getting more popular in Singapore, where people starts to use it for  And it didn't register in my mind until lately that I decided to make my all time favorite easy quesadillas!

I actually made two different fillings, one with Ham, the other with stewed pulled-beef. Since my hubs is on a non-beef diet, I only made one set for myself, haha!

Ingredients (serves 4)
Scrambled Eggs
4 large eggs
4 tbsp of milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp butter
  • Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl and add in the milk, salt and pepper. Whisk it well till you see small bubbles on the side.
  • On the non stick pan at low fire and add 1 tbsp of butter. Once the butter melt, add in the egg  mixture and once you see the sides starts to solidify, use spatula and gently push in towards the center. Continue to do this until the mixture is not runny but still glossy.
  • Immediately remove from the fire and set aside. It will continue to cook even after you plate it, so do not over cook it and will be rubbery and not fluffy.

6 flour tortillas
4 eggs
6 -8 slices of ham, torn into bite size
2-3 oz of stewed pulled-beef
Sauteed portabella mushrooms (Sliced and cooked for 5 minutes with just salt and pepper)
250g shredded quesadilla cheese (Mixture of cheddar and monterey jack)
Some julienned green onion
  • In a non stick pan, place one of the flour tortilla on it at medium low fire. 
  • Quickly sprinkle some cheese on half of the circle and follow by all the desired toppings, namely some egg, ham/pulled-beef, mushrooms, green onion and lastly more cheese.
  •  
  • Flip the other empty side on over to cover the filling to make it into a semi circle. Then flip the whole quesadillas to let it cook and melt the cheese.
  • Remove from pan when both sides of the semi circle has crisp up. Then cut the semi circle into half. 
  • Serve while still warm.
At first I was a little worries my little ones were not acceptable on this new cuisine, but surprisingly they loved it! Crisped up tortilla, savory meats, soft fluffy eggs, juicy mushrooms and gooey cheese, what's not to love? I actually preferred the pulled-beef version, so much heartier...definitely a very satisfying meal indeed! You can always substitute the ham or beef to roast chicken meat, it should be equally yummy!
I actually reduced the stewed beef sauce to make it thick as a dipping sauce for the beef quesadillas. It's actually not a bad idea! Lol! 

Anyway, hope this recipe is easy and fun enough for you to explore and try out. Have a great weekend everyone! Cheers!

7 comments:

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

牛肉不ngam我
我看你吃就好:)

Mich Piece of Cake said...

Oh wow, I am drooling especially at that last picture of the wrap in the sauce.

Baby Sumo said...

Looks so good ahhhhh! I love quesadillas..... gimme gimme gimme one please!

Chef and Sommelier said...

Hi Bee! I like your quesadillas - lots of filling!

So how's the Tiong Bahru Lor Mee? :D

lena said...

i love eating wraps..nowadays we can get tortilla very easily too in our place here but still, if we got time then can make our own:) i love your quesadillas , can i hv mine with more cheese please?

My Little Space said...

My goodness, you're already making me so hungry early in the morning. haha... Gosh....they look really mouthwatering especially with the sauce. Slurpppp....
Enjoy your week ahead dear.
Kristy

Rumbling Tummy said...

This def looks fun to prepare.