Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

Ever wonder if you can have gourmet breakfast, served right at the comfort of your own cosy home? Plus it is much more economic and you can eat at your own comfort, i.e. in your bed, in front of the TV, haha! Well, I love to serve up a nice breakfast every weekend. It's a time where there's no rushing involve, my family and I can have the delicious meal together. We enjoy some quality family bonding as well. So no boring slice bread with same old spreads please Mommy! I seriously don't mind waking up a wee bit earlier too...because it's all worth it when you see their happy faces when they eat the awesome breakfast, hah!
 
Who doesn't love french toast? It's one of those comfort food that makes you all warm inside! And I decided to make it even more awesome by stuffing them with delicious Strawberry cream cheese, yum! No worries if you don't have brioche (rich egg bread), just get any loaf from the bakery but unsliced. You will need to slice the loaf to the thickness you want in order to make the stuffed french toast. Yes, white loaf or wheat loaf is absolutely fine. :) Without further ado, here is the recipe:

Strawberry Cream Cheese Filling (This can be made the day before)
1 tbsp strawberry compote / jam
120g cream cheese, room temperature
1 tsp powdered sugar
  • In a small mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together until everything is well combined. 
Ingredients for Stuffed French Toast: (Serves 4) 
1 loaf of bread, will have left over (mine was pumpkin oat loaf)
200ml fresh whole milk
2 eggs
1 tsp cinnamon powder 
  • In a large bowl or wide plate, add milk, eggs and mix well with a whisk. Add in cinnamon powder and whisk well again.
  • Slice the loaf so that each slice is about 2 slices in thickness.
  •   
  • Then use a small knife to cut a cavity in each slice but not all the way through.
  •  
  • At this point, stuff about 1/4 of the cream cheese stuffing into the bread cavity. Making sure not to push too hard to break the bread. Repeat for the remaining slices.
  •    
  • Get ready a non stick pan (I used my happycall) and heat at medium low fire. Take a stuffed bread and dipped one side facing down into the egg milk mixture. Bare in mind not to push the whole bread in. Gently turn lift up and turn over the other side and dip again.
  •  
  • Now carefully place the dipped bread on to the pan. Repeat with the other stuffed bread.
  •    
  • I fried each side about 8 minutes, or when it has become golden brown and crisp up. Flip and cook for another 8 minutes.
  • Repeat with the rest of the stuffed bread until all is cooked.
  • You can either serve as is or slice diagonally like what I did and show off that stuffed cream cheese. Dust some powdered sugar over the surface and with some fresh strawberries or fruits. Bon Appetit!
My family loved this very much! I was very thrilled that it turned out well on my first attempt. :) When biting into the crunch bread and creamy sweet cream cheese, it was heavenly! Love it!
Looks good eh? Lol! You can even make it even more yummy by drizzling hot chocolate sauce over it! Hope my post is enough to motivate you to make this delicious breakfast for your love ones. :) 

Have a good week everyone! Cheers! ;)
 

11 comments:

ann low said...

WOW! This French toast looks so good with stuffed strawberry cream inside. I can even have this for lunch too!

ICook4Fun said...

What a breakfast treat! This reminds me of a diner in New Jersey who served something similar but they stuffed it with guava paste.

Mich Piece of Cake said...

This looks delicious! My kids would love it and so would I!

鲸鱼蓝蓝蓝 said...

很丰富列
我要一片
行吗??

Baby Sumo said...

You're such an awesome mummy! I would LOVE to be your kid.. this looks so good.

hanushi said...

Interesting!!! I like this!!

kitchen flavours said...

Lovely! My family would be all smiles if served these for their breakfast! Especially the kids!

lena said...

wow! i also want someone to make these for me for breakfast! somehow eating these will put me in loving mood..lol!

Scrambled Megs said...

the very definition of a perfect sunday breakfast right here!

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

I will become lazy especially in the weekend, hehehe..nevertheless your breakfast is good!

My Little Space said...

Oh my, such irresistible toast you have there. I wanna a bite.
Kristy